Truck Accident Statistics — Iowa and Illinois Tractor-trailer Accident Lawyer
Iowa and Illinois tractor-trailer accident lawyer Fredd J. Haas is sadly familiar with the alarming frequency and tragic consequences of accidents involving large trucks. As these truck accident statistics prove, Iowa and surrounding areas present a particularly high risk to local drivers. Contact our truck accident attorney today for more information.
National Truck Accident Statistics – 2006
According to information from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), the Motor Carrier Management Information System (MCMIS), and the Fatality Analysis Reporting System, the year 2006 saw:
- 4,568 large truck crashes resulting in fatal injuries
- 129,494 large trucks involved in crashes where no fatalities resulted
- 81,312 injuries due to crashes with large trucks
- 54,104 large trucks involved in crashes resulting in injury
- 2,510 large trucks involved in hazmat placard accidents
Trucking accidents can be caused by a variety of factors, frequently due to negligence on the part of the driver or the company in charge of the vehicle’s operation. Serving Illinois, Iowa, and surrounding areas, the tractor trailer accident lawyer at the firm of Fredd J. Haas Law Offices, P.C. can help if you or a loved one have been involved in an accident with a large truck.
Iowa Truck Accident Statistics – 2006
Regional roadways were not spared the trend in trucking accidents. Truck accident statistics in Iowa for the year 2006 include:
- 81 fatal crashes involving large trucks
- 1,506 non-fatal crashes involving large trucks
- 797 injury crashes involving large trucks
- 1,199 injuries involved in large truck crashes
- 26 large trucks involved in hazmat placard accidents
Based in Iowa, our tractor trailer accident lawyer can answer your questions and provide you with more information on crashes involving large trucks. Contact Fredd J. Haas today.
Truck accident statistics in Iowa are part of an annual trend that occurs across the nation. Although that trend has gone down in the numbers of truck crashes over the last 10 years, these collisions must be drastically reduced in order to provide safer roadways.
In 2004 (nationally):
- 8 percent of all vehicles involved in fatal crashes were large trucks
- 73 percent of injuries caused by truck accidents were suffered by occupants of another vehicle
- 77 percent of fatal injuries caused by truck accidents were occupants of another vehicle
Truck driver error, defective truck parts, and driver fatigue are all frequent contributors to trucking accidents. When drivers and the companies in charge of commercial vehicles ignore regulations governing their safe operation, tragedy can strike, as evidenced by the numbers above.
Conditions Surrounding Truck Accidents
Although many truck accidents occur because of drivers operating the vehicle in dangerous weather conditions, the following statistics show that most crashes are not weather-related.
The year 2000 saw:
- Two-thirds of fatal accidents occurring in daylight
- More than 80 percent of fatal accidents occurring on dry roads
- More than 80 percent of fatal accidents occurring during normal weather conditions
- More than 80 percent of fatal accidents occurring on state highways, federal highways, and interstates
Serving victims throughout the Iowa and Illinois region, Fredd J. Haas is a tractor-trailer accident lawyer who is familiar with the consequences of serious truck collisions. Mr. Haas can help pursue compensation for victims and loved ones who have been affected by these events, and work to hold responsible parties to account.
Contact our Illinois and Iowa-area Tractor-trailer Accident Lawyer
Alarming trends in truck accident statistics in Iowa and all over the nation indicate the need to exercise extreme caution while navigating our roadways. The Iowa and Illinois tractor-trailer accident lawyer at Haas Law Offices, P.C. is an experienced, dedicated representative of a victim’s rights in personal injury cases. If you or a loved one has been the injured in a truck accident, contact Fredd J. Haas today to schedule a consultation.